Mind-Life & Environment Forum
- 1. Learning the core concepts, research methods and best practices related to Buddhism Studies,
Humanities & Social Sciences in conjunction with Spiritual Environmentalism.
- 2. Providing a cross-disciplinary learning platform for Buddhism Studies, and Humanities & Social Sciences.
- 3. Assisting new students to plan Spiritual Environmentalism related study and research projects during school
- 4. Developing an erudite (life-long learning) and exquisite lifestyles (physical and mental health) campus culture.
- 1. The “Mind-life & Environment Forum” shortly named as MLEF is a compulsory course for doctorate, master
and bachelor degree students, which is commencing at the first semester of each academic year.
- 2. Before the MLEF lectures are commencing, Director of MLE Research Center consult with the Dean of
Humanities & Social Sciences, and the Head of Buddhist Studies Department to recruit the chair of the MLEF.
The chair will further set up a course plan and invite co-chair(s) to join in for operating the plan in accordance
with the deliberative reasoning by the school-level curriculum committee meeting.
- 3. As a student-centered discussion team, the course plan had enhanced the opportunities to encourage
students interact with their respective team Teaching Assistant for experience exchanges, thus a
comprehensive discussion with be held after certain weeks of forum lecturing as a session stage,
before a final presentation provided by the team.
- 4. For the 104 Academic Year (2015) the MLEF theme discussion aims at “On Campus Spiritual
Environmentalism Education Action Program” that carried out four session stages, in which each
session stage comprised two forum lecturing and followed by a comprehensive discussion.
- 5. For the 105 Academic Year (2016) the MLEF theme discussion stress on “Ecological Community within
Jishan District, New Taipei City” that carried out three sessions stages, each session stage comprised
three forum lecturing and followed by a comprehensive discussion.
- 6. For the 106 Academic Year (2017) the MLEF theme discussion continue on the “Ecological Community within
Jishan District, New Taipei City” that carried out two sessions stages, the first session stage comprised
four forum lecturing related to Spiritual Environmentalism and followed by a comprehensive discussion.
Meanwhile, the second session stage comprised five forum lecturing associated with Ecological
Community and also followed by a comprehensive discussion.